Save Energy and Money
As part of the Sustainable Learning Initiative and good practice generally, schools with buildings that have a floor area in excess of 1,000 m2 are required to have a Display Energy Certificate (DEC). This needs to be displayed in a prominent place and must be accompanied by an advisory report listing measures to improve performance.
Using less energy with our ICT power management service can improve your rating and performance over time and even if your school is smaller than 1,000 m2 it will prove your green credentials and save you money!
Save energy, go green!
• Save CO2 emissions and energy bills at your school
• All unused PCs will be automatically turned off at night
• Save up to £50 per year per computer that is currently left on overnight
• Optimise the power settings on your computers to save money when they are not in use
• Reduce the power usage of school PCs
• Promote a greener school and a cleaner environment
Some interesting facts which may encourage you to go green:
A computer left on overnight for a year creates enough CO2 to fill a double-decker bus.
30% of people say they don’t always shutdown their PC
A typical primary school has 40 PCs and laptops – if only 1 in 10 is left on overnight that is almost £200 per annum in wasted electricity
Each computer uses 38% of its power when left on standby